WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Saturday, August 2, 2008

SwapDex is so honored!


The Faerie Wysperer was so extremely kind to award us the Brilliante Weblog Award!

I am so humbled. It makes me smile every time someone lets me know they appreciate and really get some use out of the SwapDex. Here are the lovely things she had to say about the SwapDex:
SwapDex Blog - My hats off to Jenna Z. for her dedication and hard work that she contributes to Swap Dex. A "Swap-central" blog that advertises current swaps and a link to Host of the swap & details. You have to be organized, detail-oriented, multi-task, and have great communication skills (you have to be able to update and fix typos.), and patient. Jenna Z does it all. I love this blog as I have found numerous swaps that I'm taking part of.

She is right, it does take does take some time and organization. Sometimes there are a LOT of swaps at the same time and I feel like I will never get them all posted before it's too late to sign up for them. Other time it is very dull and there is hardly anything to report. I am lucky in that now people are starting to email me ahead of time so I can get their information up in advance! Thanks to all who notify me!


The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you’ve nominated

So, I think I will award this to those bloggers that handle the other end of the swaps, the hosting. These are all Hostesses that preside over ongoing rounds of swaps, a project I don't think I could ever take on!

Lesa, who keeps the Swap Swap Gals going month to month.

Crochetoholic, who hosts themed monthly swaps that are always fun and creative!

Joanne, who hosted monthly inchie swaps for what seems like ever, but will be taking a bit of a break from it. Understandable after coming up with those awesome themes every month, I bet she needs some time to think up new ones!

Oh My Stinckin Heck who heads up the Color Me Happy Swaparooni monthly swap group on flickr.

Lucy definitely deserves this award for hosting the fantastic seasonal Sassy Apron Swaps!

And Shawnee for her Flirty Apron Swaps! Love the apron swaps!

The Mail Art Collective hosts inventive art swaps that always surprise me with their themes.

I think that's seven and I think that's all I can think of at the moment! If I missed you, don't think I don't appreciate your dedication and organization skills. I just have a poor memory. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

joanne wardle said...

aww I've only just seen this nomination! thanks!