WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Monday, November 17, 2008

Interview with Molly of Fattycake Designs


A relatively new swapper, Molly was brought into the blogging and swapping fold by a ruptured appendix! She started her blog, Material Gal Molly, and from there met lots of wonderful friends. Visit her blog and keep your eyes open for her newest venture, Fattycake Designs, an online shop full of baby items, cards, scarf's, aprons and lots of other cool goodies debuting in January. Reading her blog, the love she has for her siblings really comes through. And you GOT to admire her dedication to posting Menu Plan Monday!

SwapDex: Tell me a bit about you.

Molly: I am 28 and happily married to the love of my life Mike. I have no kids but my little brother and sister that I helped my mom raise are practically my kids ;). I live in North Carolina and love it. The weather is crazy but nice!!! I enjoy sewing, paper crafts, anything with glitter and my little sister is teaching me how to knit.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

M: I have been swapping since June of this year and absolutely love it.

SD: How did you learn about swapping?

M: Back in April my appendix ruptured and I was home for three months recovering, my doctor told me I had server appendicitis and that's why it ruptured. So I was home doing nothing but surfing the Internet when I came across the lovely world of blogging. I had been following Angelica Grace Designs blog and fell in love with the concept. So one day I decided to make my own blog and that's how Material Gal Molly (my blog) came to be. I made a lot of friends and my first swap was hosted by the dear Crystal at little bit funky's blog. She hosted a state swap and you had to send items that were from your state or were themed around your state. I had a ton of fun and then started looking for others HAHAHA and that's how I found you at the SwapDex.

SD: What's your favorite type of swap or favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

M: My favorite swap was the sassy apron swap. I made my first apron by hand and received a lovely apron from the famous state of California.

SD: Do you have a signature style for your swaps? Do you decorate your envelopes/packages? Send a card with a personal note?

M: In every swap I have participated in I send a hand stamped book mark and a little note to tell the recipient how much I enjoyed creating their item. I also like to add ribbon and tulle to dress the items up.

SD: That's great, I love it when packages are extra special and personal! What's you favorite type of package to get in the mail?

M: My favorite package would be any package. I love receiving things in the mail except bills HAHAHA. When I was little I loved being a pen pal to a little girl in Paris, I wish I still had her address :).

SD: Do you sign up for multiple swaps at one time? If so, what is your maximum number of swaps you will join before telling yourself absolutely NO MORE?

M: I am guilty of signing up too many swaps at once. Right now I am in four swaps but they all kind of have the same theme so its manageable. I haven't gotten to the point where I need to say "Molly stop swapping" although my husband would differ.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of participating in a swap?

M: I believe the most challenging part of swapping is trying to figure out what your partner will like. I am very girly and when I was in the apron swap my partner was not so it was hard for me to find things to her liking.

SD: Any advice for someone who is a swapping virgin?

M: My advice for the swapping virgin would be sign up for all the swaps that you can handle and make new friends.

Thanks so much for the chat, Molly! Be sure and visit her blog and send her some Swappy love!

No comments: