WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Interview with Rachel of Something to Blog About


Rachel, a delightful chick with a blog and a flickr for you to visit, graces us today with an interview. She is quite a crafty one and also has an Etsy shop for your to peruse.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Rachel: I am 28 yr old stay at home wife. I am involved in caring for foster children and will soon have them in my own home as we are weeks away from getting our license. I live in Tampa, Florida with my sweet husband.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

R: I have been swapping since early October.

SD: How did you learn about swapping, and what made you decide to do your first one? Do you remember your first one?


R: I first heard of swapping through several blogs offering Christmas Secret Santa Swaps.

SD: Do you swap with any groups?

R: I swap with Swap-bot.com and swaps hosted on blogs.

SD: What's your favorite type of swap or favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

R: I love craft items type swaps! Its nice when people send things that are specific to my types of crafting.

SD: Do you have a signature style for your swaps? Do you decorate your envelopes/packages? Send a card with a personal note?


R: I like to send my parcels with a personal note of some kind. BUt I have to admit I have not always written a note and just included my name/ swap id. I love to wrap larger items! It feels more "gifty" and special that way!

SD: What's you favorite type of package to get in the mail?

R: I love getting things that I can put to immediate use.

SD: Do you sign up for multiple swaps at one time? If so, what is your maximum number of swaps you will join before telling yourself absolutely NO MORE?

R: I do sign up for several swaps at a time. Usually they are not all due to shipped out at the same time though.

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

R: The toughest thing about swapping for me is being grateful for items that come smelling like smoke! People have put so much time and energy in creating something so nice for me and yet, I choke at the smell.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of participating in a swap?


R: Sometimes it is hard to know exactly what your swap partner would like/love.

SD: Any advice for someone who is a swapping virgin?

R: Stay in contact with the host and your swap partner!!!

Good advice for all swappers! Thanks for spending a few minutes with us. Everyone go visit Rachel's blog and say hello!

No comments: