WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interview with Angie of The American Homemaker



Angie is such a fun gal. Visit her blog The American Homemaker and give her a happy hello! Let's learn a little more about her first, though.

SwapDex: Tell us a little about you.

Angie: I'm 29 years old and am NOT looking forward to my birthday in April :( I live in Utah and I've lived here since I was four years old. I'm married; it's a second marriage for both of us; I have three kids (ages 7, 9 & 11) that live with me and three step-kids (ages 8, 10 & 11) that live with their mom and we don't have them very often.

I work in an arts center. I'm the assistant box office/house manager and the Kid Time coordinator where I plan and carry out weekly themed children's events. (Imagine throwing a birthday party every single week without knowing the ages of the kids or how many will show up... that's what I do for a living!) I'm also the FEC (like a PTA) vice president at my children's charter school and I direct children's plays there.

I love doing many types of crafts. I do some sewing, but I'm not that great at it :) I love paper crafts of all sorts and painting things I buy at thrift stores. (Random, I know, but there's not really another way to describe it.) I love to bake and cook and I usually make up my own recipes (that's a craft, right?). Thrift stores and yard sales are my biggest weakness... maybe even more than chocolate! I've been working on a yo-yo quilt off and on for years and I joke that it will be my life's work!

SD: How long have you been swapping?

A: I've just recently started swapping and I love it! It's so much fun to put together the package and to receive one! My daughters are also becoming addicted to swapping and they're only 9 and 11!

SD: What are your favorite types of swaps?

A: I do whatever swaps sound interesting to me, I don't really have a rhyme or reason to which ones I participate in. I'm hosting my first swap right now and it was so much fun to match people up.

SD: Exciting plans for the near future?

A: My hubby and I are in the process of getting a full blown homemaking website up and running, complete with a shop! We should be launching the first portion of it soon, so keep your eyes out!!!

No comments: