WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Interview with Renea of Pocket Full of Prettys

Renea (right) and her friend Les (left)

Renea is an artist who is newer to swapping but loving every minute of it! Visit her blog, Pocket Full of Prettys and leave her a nice little howdy-do. Renea is the very first interviewee to send me a nice little thank you note of her own design!! Thanks Renea and you are very welcome for being featured. She also has a (currently empty) Etsy shop which she is revamping at the moment. Below is my favorite example of her collage pillows.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Renea: My name is Renea Hipp, I am a young 49 year old woman. I have been happily married for 32 years to my high school sweetheart. I live in the great state of Texas way out west where the wind & dirt always blow. I have 2 great children, both are married and both have their own sweet little families. I started dabbling in mixed media art about 3 years ago, my great friend Les gave me a few pointers and the rest is history. I like collage, ATC's, wood blocks, painting with acrylics & I like to make collage pillows.

SD: How long have you been swapping?


R: To be honest I haven't done a lot of swaps, but would like to do more. I always love meeting new talented people. And it's always exciting to get something in the mail!

SD: How did you learn about swapping, and what made you decide to do
your first one? Do you remember your first one?


R: Again my friend Les explained the concept of swapping to me, she hosted one & I participated & had so much fun! We did a swap for a shoe box full of art supplies. And I was lucky enough to be partnered with Monica of Girl Gone Thread Wild.

SD: What's your favorite type of swap or favorite swap you've ever been
in or hosted?


R: I love to swap for handmade items because I am always in awe of the creative items that I receive.

SD: Do you have a signature style for your swaps? Do you decorate
your envelopes/packages? Send a card with a personal note?


R: I always try to add a little extra something, I like to put a post card of my "Lucy" inside my package. "Lucy" is an acrylic/collage painting that I love to paint, she is fun & whimsical. And as you may know "I love Lucy". HeeHee! My friends have told me that "Lucy" is my alter ego.

SD: What's you favorite type of package to get in the mail?

R: My favorite package to receive in the mail would have to be something very vintage & nostalgic. There's just something about vintage that makes my heart warm.

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?
(Swap gone bad? Surprise package that REALLY surprised you?
Odd/weird things?)


R: I have received a few things in a package once that I wasn't sure what it even was...now try & send a thank you note for that! Ha!

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap?

R: Keeping everything coordinated, and not forgetting anyone.

SD: Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

R: Make it easy & fun so that people will want to participate.

SD: Any plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

R: I've just been working on my Valentine package for my swap. I love Valentine's Day it is so fun. (SwapDex note-No, Renea is not behind schedule, we are! This interview was done a few months ago!)

1 comment:

FAQ said...

Yay Renea! We have had some fun swaps huh? Renea does beautiful collage work and all kinds of fun and sweet art. Love her pillows!