WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Interview with Diane of Petticoat Junction


Diane is an all-around lovely person! Visit her at her blog, Petticoat Junction. Give her a howdy and a word of encouragement as she is going through a rough time right now. Let's meet her first, though!

SwapDex: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Diane: I am a 45 yr old married Mom and grandma. I live in Arkansas in the beautiful Ozark mountains in a quaint little one stop sign town. We moved here for the SLOW pace of life. I have 2 children that also live here in Arkansas and one very special grandson. WE love living here in the Natural State. There is so much inspiration living here. All you have to do is look out the window! Right now we have 2 dogs, Rudy a cocker spaniel and Shunka a wolf hybrid, 7 hens, 5 roosters that we call the GANGSTAS and 2 pet deer, Casper and Bucky. Casper being white with blue eyes. The roosters are penned up with the deer just in case you were wondering!
We need some horses!

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

D: I swapped my first swap about a year ago. The reason I started blogging was because I wanted to be a part of all the swappin' goin on! My first swap was a pink swap I think. I will likely swap with what ever catches my interest. I don't stick to just certain people or certain items.

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

D: I don't swap with any organized groups right now but who knows what the future holds. The reason I haven't is TIME. There never seems to be enough.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

D: My favorite swap so far was an Amy Butler bag swap. It was fun both ways!
To make my packages special I try and make something handmade that is really hard to buy. In the Amy Butler bag swap I made a matching beaded headband. I also try and put something that smells good in the box too. Nothing like smelling your box the minute you open your mailbox!

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

D: During the last swap I was in going through some really bad times and I got an offer out of nowhere for someone to make my swap item, which was an apron.
A true act of kindness that was TRULY appreciated.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

D: I have only hosted one swap and it was really fun but a little nerve wrecking. Mine was an Easter Basket Swap and well some people didn't get their baskets until after Easter. That put me in a pretty uncomfortable position. So I would suggest that if your swappers don't have delivery confirmation within a set amount of time from the delivery date that you set previously go ahead and get your ANGELS working on a replacement. I didn't plan for that and really wish I had of.
HAVE LOTS OF RULES!
HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

SD: Rules may not sound like fun but they keep everyone on a level playing field and keep everyone happy! Great advice!

No comments: