WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Interview with Tracy of Scrap Happy Quilts


This week, we are chatting with Tracy, a super quilter and swapper/hostess! She has hosted numerous mini quilt swaps and has fabulous pictures of her creations on her blog.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Tracy: Age 40s, southern California, Married 16 years
Pets: Cooper a year old Picardy Shepard (Winn Dixie dog)/kids Daughter Kaitlyn,13 Occupation: High school Psych teacher What type of crafts do you do: mostly quilt now...have been into embroidery,doll clothes

SD: How long have you been swapping? What made you decide to start?


T: About 5 years How did you first learn about swapping, Began swapping on Yahoo groups...then surfing the web.

SD: What is your range of swapping? Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

T: I try to keep it down to 1 or 2 a month....but I am always organizing them. I swap mostly with people I "know" or have gotten to know from Flickr groups,but am up for newbie swaps too!

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

T: I have swapped with most of these....I belong to several flickr groups that swap regularly. I also organize swaps on my blog and participate in some I have found reading other blogs.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

T: I still consider the Doll Quilt Swap on FLickr to be the Cadillac of mini quilt swaps.

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

T: I try to fill the packages with FABRIC cause i know that's what we all love!

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

T: Several of the swaps I have done lately have gone bad, and I have ended up making 4-5 extra quilts for those who flaked. I really love getting partners from all over the world and my daughter collects the stamps from the packages.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

T: Keep it simple. Be prepared to step in and cover any people who flake along the way. For the most part, quilters as a whole are a wonderful breed,with huge hearts....but every now and then there will be a "swap gone bad."

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

T: I am seriously considering trying to do a book on doll quilts and organizing and participating in swaps.

Excellent advice for new hostesses and I can't wait to see a book about swapping!!

No comments: