WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Monday, June 8, 2009

Interview with Dionne of Notes from Dionne


Dionne is not only newly-wed, she's new to the world of swapping, hosting her first one just a little bit ago. I think it's really interesting to see how people get interested in swapping. What pulls them in? What swaps do they start with? So let's see! You can visit Dionne at simply adorable blog and shop around her Etsy shop!

AGE: 28

LIVE: Houston, Texas

MARRIED: Got married 6 months ago to my best friend Brian

CRAFTS: I love scrapbooking and card-making. I love creating things to give away to other people - I find a lot of fulfillment in that.

SWAPPING: My first and only swap that I have ever participated in is the Spring Swap I hosted in April. I saw a website once where a girl was hosting a Christmas swap among her college friends, and I wished that I could have participated, but I didn't even know her! Hehehehe. So I decided to host one of my own and make it open to anyone.

FAVORITE SWAP: Well since I have only been in one, it would have to be the one I was in, hehehe. But it was great. Everyone was really into it and excited, and made new friends from all around the world. I really enjoyed getting to know my partner, and also seeing the friendships develop between the other people partnered together.

WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE MY PACKAGES SPECIAL: I really wanted it to be specific to my partner - I wanted to know what she liked, and what she enjoyed in her every-day life, so I made sure that the items I made were of some significance to her.
ODD SWAP ITEM: One guy in the swap included a packet of chips from Spain in his package, which I thought was fun.

SWAP CHALLENGES: To be honest, there weren't really any problems with hosting this swap. As long as you list all the rules and details, I think people who truly want to be in it will participate, and those who don't will leave once they read the rules. My style of hosting is very hands-off though. All I do is host the forum for the swappers to meet, and pair them up - but I leave it up to them to exchange email and mailing addresses. I just post their blog links up so that they can find one another.

FUTURE SWAPS: I am hosting my second swap in June, the "Summer Swap", and sign-ups will be on my blog towards the end of this month. I would love for anyone who wants to participate to come check it out!

2 comments:

Dionne said...

I just found this! Thanks for featuring me!!!

Lindsey said...

I'm so proud of my little swap-lebrity!