WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Interview with Hannah of Spans' Stitchin'

Let's learn a bit about Hannah, host of the recent Granny Square swap. She's quite a crafty lady with a blog, a Folksy store and a flickr for you to visit and peruse!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Hannah: I’m 26, soon to be 27 (but a little sensitive about that ;)) I live in Derbyshire in England. I am married have been for 3 years, but have been with my hubby for 10. I do not work at the moment, I was a librarian but had to leave about 3 years ago due to severe dizzy attacks. I don’t have any children but I have a cat called Gigi and a Bearded Dragon called Bruce.

I have tried a lot of crafts but at the moment I am addicted to crochet, embroidery, sewing and I have just learnt to knit.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

H: Because of the dizziness I don’t get to meet many people and when the dizziness started a few years ago I isolated myself from the world, not really speaking to or seeing anyone. However, when I started blogging I found that there are so many lovely people out there that I started to feel less isolated and swapping seemed such a great way of connecting with the people I had met online. It has done that and more. Because of the crafting, swapping and blogging I am feeling better in myself than I have in years.

My first swap was just before last Christmas when I joined swapbot to do the 3rd annual ornament swap, where you swapped 10 ornaments with 10 people. A big one to start with but I really enjoyed it. I was ill at the time and it was so nice to receive so many lovely ornaments in the post and I have even kept in touch with one person.

SD: What is your range of swapping?

H: Just recently I have just been swapping via blogs as there have been a lot that I wanted to join. I don’t have to know them, in fact I love joining and swapping with people I don’t know yet as I think it is a great way to meet people.

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

H: I have done a swap on the forum crafteroo which was a secret santa, it was a lot of fun. I was swapping on swap-bot but as there have been so many swaps via blogs that I have wanted to do I haven’t been able to commit to any on there for a little while now.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

H: I would probably have to say the secret Santa on crafteroo. I opened mine on Christmas day so I had an extra Christmas present, it was a lot of fun guessing who had sent what too.

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

H: I always think it’s nice to put in something a little extra, usually buttons or something - every one loves buttons, right? ;)

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

H: This is the first swap I am hosting so I am just learning myself, I would just say let as many people as you can know, if you are part of any forums or anything like that J

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

H: There is so much going on at the mo, I am loving being part of the online crafting community. I have made a crocheted doughnut for charity that I am selling on folksy, I have also just joined a summer swap on wollywotnots blog.

I am also about to become an auntie, which I am very excited about so I am currently crocheting booties, hats and blankets like mad.

SD: Awesome, and congrats on the Aunt-to-be status! Thanks for chatting with us and best of swapping to you, Hannah.

No comments: