WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Interview with Katie of Loves of Life


A brand new swapper! Katie had never even been in a swap but here she is, hosting the Scarf Swap! Brave! Let's meet her and visit her blog!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Katie: I'm 24...live in the good old US of A, in South Eastern PA. Married for over 2 years to my HS sweetheart (from rival high schools, haha), with a 1 year old terror, I mean, terrier named Mac. Currently have no kids, but working on it :) I do some crafting...love to paint and re-do rooms in my house, fix up old things, make jewelry, paint murals...

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start?

K: I have never hosted a swap before OR participated in a swap before. Wow. Maybe you should not be interviewing me :) haha.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

K: THIS scarf swap because it's the only one I've ever done. Plus, I LOVE SCARVES and think that you can't go wrong adding a new one to your collection.

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

K: This isn't about a swap..but a giveaway. I won a really awesome homemade button bag (they are sold on Etsy), and the bag came filled with lip glosses galore! I was SO excited because I personally love lip gloss and now I don't have to restock for a very long time. Plus, they were awesome brands of lip gloss too.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

K: Being organized. I am realizing how overwhelming it can be. I think in the future I may set up an email that is meant JUST for swapping. Right now I have to sift through emails that are personal, blog commenters, or swap emails. It can be challenging to be organized.

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

K: We will see how this one goes, and then I'll let you know!

SD: Thanks Katie! We're so happy to have you in the swapping family! Best of luck with your very first swap and I hope you continue on to participate and host many more!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Welcome, Katie! I just participated in my first swap it was the Bagaholic Swap. So much fun. I'm addicted now! I'm even thinking about hosting one, too...Not sure, though...:o)
Look forward to your swap. My sister andI are scarf fanatics, too! Oh, what fun! LOL