WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Friday, January 29, 2010

Interview with Jerrica of Something to Talk About


Jerrica is a brave soul, with one a couple of swaps under her belt she decided to host one of her own! Visit her blog and give her a great big welcome to the swapping community!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Jerrica: I am a 19 year-old, full-time college student at Chattanooga State, my major is business. I live in one of the smallest towns known to Tennessee. I'm currently engaged to a wonderful guy - Joshua. We do not have any kids at the time, however we have two pitbull dogs

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

J: I haven't been swapping for long, actually. I started back in October of 2009, not long ago at all. I was introduced to it by The Mommy-Files (a fellow blogger), whom hosted a "Blog Or Treat Swap", and now, I truly enjoy it.

SD: What is your range of swapping? Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

J: I prefer to stick to the bloggers that I already know, but I don't think I'd mind swapping with someone that I didn't know, after all, I don't 'really know' my blogging friends.

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

J: I do not at the time. I did not even know about them until I was on your blog. So now, I am definitely going to check into them -- Swapping is so much fun!!

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted? (specific swap or type of swap if you can't pick just one)

J: The Blog Or Treat was my favorite; however, I've only been in two. But now, I'm hosting my own "Cupid's Blogger Swap."

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

J: I tend to put lots of stickers on it and pack it with exciting goodies..

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

J: My first swap that I was in was amazing. I was paired up with a cheerful, older lady and she was totally fantastic. However, I think she spent much more than the limit.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

J: For me, the most challenging part is getting people to join. I don't have many followers; therefore, it's hard to get the word out to people without spamming them, which I don't want to do. My current swap on has 5 people, including myself.

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

J: I'm not too sure yet, it depends on how this swap goes that I'm currently hosting. I'll probably try to host another one around Easter, though.

I hope your first swap goes so well you decide to host many more! Thanks for chatting, Jerrica, it was great getting to know you!

2 comments:

jerricaparr said...

I had a great time with this!
Thanks so much for featuring me!!
:)

Becky J. said...

sounds like a fun young girl! there is plenty of time to get going on new things.