WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Interview with Blair of Wild and Precious


Blair hosted her first swap just a couple of months ago so we welcome her to the wonderful world of swapping and hosting! I encourage you to visit her gorgeous blog! After you read her interview, of course!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Blair: I'm 25 and live in Nashville, TN. I am married to a brilliant artist . No kids yet, but I practice with my spoiled French Bulldog, Oscar. I work as a Volunteer Coordinator at a faith-based nonprofit health clinic that serves the uninsured. I used to think I was crafty until I started blogging. I've found so many wonderful blogging crafters that just put me to shame. I keep a mental list of all the crafts I want to try, but between work, a new house, and good-old-fashioned procrastination all my list does is grow!!

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

B: I'm pretty new to swapping. My first official swap was an "Itty Bitty" swap this past summer where we swapped altoid tins filled with cute little things. I just finished hosting my first swap. It was so much fun!

SD: What is your range of swapping? Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

B: I have just started joining more swaps, so I don't really have a range. I have a feeling I'll probably stick to ones that are under 10 dollars or even better-- free!

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

B: So far I have just swapped from blog friends, but after hosting my first swap and looking for ways to get the word out, I am definitely going to be swapping all over the place! Its so fun to connect with different people.

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?


B: I like to wrap in recycled packaging -- my favorite is sending in cereal boxes, something my mom always did for me in college!

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

B: It takes a small chunk of time to organize addresses and send out emails. I didn't anticipate that for my first swap. Swaps are better the more people you have involved, but the more involved, the more work (keeping track of emails, addresses, and who is partners with who).

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

B: My goal is to have one free/inexpensive swap every odd-numbered month! So get ready for a fun one in March!

No comments: