WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Interview with June of A Creative Dreamer


June decided to jump in with both feet and not only join a swap but HOST one her as her very first swapping experience! Brave girl! Visit her at her blog after you get done learning about her latest swapping endeavor.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

June: I am hitting the big 5-0 this summer...and am utterly shocked to think that my 29 year old mind now inhabits an almost 50 year old body...I am not sure how that happened. I live in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky, home of the 2010 World Equestrian Games...only appropriate since we are the "Horse Capital of the World"! I'm divorced, have two amazing children Andrew and Kate, and one that I consider my bonus child...Andrew's girlfriend Mary, and a rambunctious Blab (a cross between a lab and a beagle...don't ask) named Joey. I grew up in a crafting family, and I think I have explored almost every craft out there...

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

J: My first swap is so very easy to remember....this is it! LOL!! I have done an ornament exchange before, which, I guess...technically, could be considered a swap...but this is the first official one (and how crazy am I to be coordinating it?!?!). This actually came about because an online blogging friend of mine was wondering one day what to do with all the really small scraps of fabric she has left over from her quilting. I suggested a fabric ATC...her reply was "You're on!" From there it just sort of grew into something bigger than itself (sort of like how the laundry does when you turn your back on it) and the next thing you know....here I am coordinating a swap. I wonder if that makes me a good sport, or certifiably crazy?

SD: What is your range of swapping? Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

June: If this goes well and people participate, I most definitely will look deeper into swapping, and into hosting a few more ! I'm most likely to stick with crafty sorts of things...or books...or papers...I have a serious paper fetish...but who knows, I tend to do things in a very out of bounds sort of way.

SD: Do you swap with any organized groups like yahoo groups, flickr, groups on swap-bot, other message boards, etc? Why or why not?

J: I haven't yet become involved in great big groups...I noticed that, often, they have some serious restrictions on "newbies"...which sort of makes me wonder how one actually loses "newbie" status. We'll see what comes of it if this one goes well, I may plunge right on in, or sort of stand back a bit until I get my toes wet (I usually just plunge).

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted? (specific swap or type of swap if you can't pick just one)

J: This one, of course...considering it's my only so far...LOL

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

J: That is going to be a very good question...I'm not sure on that one yet...but keep watch on my blog for the photos when it's time to trade!

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

J: Not yet, but I sure hope to in the future...nothing more fun than wonderfully weird and whimsical unexpected!

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

J: Getting people to participate. Honestly, I have no idea how to make that any easier...although being blogged about on SwapDex surely will help!

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

J: Oh goodness...where do I begin...200 handmade Valentine cards for a local organization called Moveable Feast, they do a magnificent job of delivering nutritious and tasty meals to our local home bound HIV patients and Hospice patients...along with home baked treats to go with all of them...I have an assemblage art doll on my blog that I am giving away right now (IF we get 100 acts of niceness...), I have the swap going on, AND I am plotting...I mean planning...the 50th birthday party for a good friend of mine...and that's just in one month!


Do you have a blog/shop/flickr/other site you'd like me to mention in
your bio/about you portion?

I plunged into the blogging world last year as a gift to myself for my birthday...I think I am really just a very frustrated writer at heart, and this has been a wonderful adventure for me...it's "A Creative Dream" you can find it at www.acreativedreamer.blogspot.com. I've also got an Etsy shop, you can find the link to that on the blog.

No comments: