WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Friday, June 11, 2010

Interview with Kimberly of Kimberly's Korner


Let's all meet Kimberly! She's got a fun blog that you should check out because I happen to know she has a giveaway going on right NOW (end 9/24/2010)!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Kimberly: Married, Stay at home Mom of two girls.....20 and 15. I live in Northern, New Jersey. I have one cockapoo named Tucker!

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

K: I have organized 3 swaps. The first one was a flip flop swap! Which was a lot of fun. The 2nd was an apron/tea towel swap. The one currently going on is the Snail Mail Swap. Which seems to be very popular.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

K: I think the swap I am hosting now is the best so far! People are excited to get back to letter writing. Blogs, emails, facebooks are all fun but isn't it nice to sit down and write a letter on pretty stationary!

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

K: I try to add a little something extra in my package. If I know there are children in the house a little something for them or a pet - maybe a doggie treat.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

K: I would have to say people saying that will do the swap and then not following through can get frustrating. If something is suppose to be send out on a specific date then please try to do your best....give or take a day or two is fine but sometimes weeks and weeks pass. There is someone on the other end waiting. This snail mail swap running now is 6 weeks. You have to commit to 6 weeks of letter writing.

SD: I agree, I LOVE a handwritten letter! Thanks for the interview, Kimberly, and happy swapping!

No comments: