WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Interview with Jenn of Paper and Clouds

This week, we meet Jenn. She writes two blogs, Paper and Clouds and her food blog, The Write Ingredients. Check her out, she's running a giveaway this week! She's also got an Etsy shop of sewn goods you should check out!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you

Jenn: About me. Let's see. We'll say I'm in my 30s, live in South Minneapolis with my husband, young daughter and adorable Boston Terrier. I'm a graphic designer, writer, artist and crafter. I sew, work with paper and fabric, make jewelry. I also occasionally paint and I wrote a novel that's still under my bed.

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

J: I did my first swap two years ago. It was a summer sac swap and it was a blast to gather local goodies through the summer. I've been reading blogs for a few years now and just started my new craft blog this summer (www.paperandclouds.com). I decided to promote it by hosting a craft swap. I guess I'd swap with anyone if the subject interests me. I really enjoy meeting people from outside the US, so international swaps are more attractive to me.

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

To make my packages special, I try to learn a little bit about the person I'm swapping with and include something extra. I recently participated in a fat quarter swap with a woman in Australia and included a little toy for her young daughter. I want my swap partner to be excited to receive the package and be more excited to see the contents.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

The most challenging part about hosting a swap is getting the word out. For the swap I hosted, I partnered with a blogger/crafter in Australia, so we were both blogging about it and we had an even number of swappers from Australia and North America. Some of the bloggers that joined the swap posted it on their blogs as well.

SD: Any exciting plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

I'm furiously working on inventory for my new Etsy shop, and I'm looking forward to making some fall clothes for myself and for my daughter. I also just started my first quilt, so check back to see how it's coming along.

No comments: