WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Interview with Wallace of Unputdownables


Wallace is a book reviewer (check out her blog, Unputdownables) who shows a little bit about another facet of the swapping world, book swapping! She hosted the Crazy Book Swap and also swaps on Paperback Swap.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Wallace: I live in Los Angeles, California. I am 30 years old and write freelance at the moment (was a teacher for seven years before this). I write a book blog, which is where my swap is taking place, but I do craft -- I scrapbook (sometimes) and have taken up knitting!

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start? Do you remember your first one?

W: I've been swapping for a little over a year. Mostly I just use PaperBack Swap, which is a great book swapping site. Occasionally I'll go to an event such as a book reading, where they will also be hosting a swap.

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

W: Since I don't do many, I would have to say that PaperBack Swap is my favorite. It is incredibly organized and I have gotten great books our of it (not to mentioned cleaned out a lot of my old books in the process!)

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

W: Making sure it stays organized. In my case it is being done via mail, so keeping people's addresses straight, and inputing their information (ie. e-mails etc) into the computer took some time. I think if I do it again, I will input info as people register instead of waiting until registration has closed, haha!

SD: Awesome! I love how diverse swapping, something for everyone!

No comments: