WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Interview with Lacey of Our Life: Narrated by Lacey

Everyone, meet Lacey. She's a major scrapbooker and has hosted the Help Me With My Collection Swap. Visit her at her blog to see her adventures.

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Lacey: age - 25, where you live - Houma, LA - 45 minutes south of New Orleans,
Married? - Married on April Fool's Day four and a half years ago to my best friend, Pets/kids? Two kids, Jack (22 months) & Molly (4 months)

Occupation? Because I'm against using the title 'Stay At Home Mom' for myself, I'll just say I'm a 'full-time mom'

SD: What type of crafts do you do?

L: SCRAPBOOKING, like hardcore, like I have almost an entire room in our house dedicated to this love of mine - and photography, of course.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

L: I've only started blogging faithfully on blogger since April of this year and I've only swapped twice in that time.

SD: How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start?


L: A blogger I followed blogged about a swap she joined. It sounded fun so I mosied my way over to said blog and signed myself up.

SD: Do you remember your first one?

L: It was called "These Are A Few of my Favorite Things" swap. I sent mascara, handsoap, a book, and a handmade apron

SD: Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

L: My first swap was with someone I didn't know, but the host ended up being my partner so I got to know her as soon as I received her package and saw what her 'favorite things' were. My second swap was with someone I know. I'm not opposed to swapping with folks I don't know.

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

L: I write a long letter detailing why what I sent was special to me and how I thoroughly hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I try to make it personal.

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

L: I haven't been swapping long enough to have any interesting stories, but like I said, I'm new to this....I expect to have some stories to tell in my future.

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

L: The most challenging part is making your swap appealing to others. It's also nerve-wracking knowing that a loyal reader may not receive a swap from someone that signed up and forgot to participate. I'm nervous about someone getting burned on one of my swaps. Advice? Be specific. Especially with cost and dates. It helps keep it fair and keep swappers organized.

No comments: