WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Interview with Ashley of Ashley Getting Dressed


Everyone, meet Ashley. So new to swapping that she didn't actually know it was a thing that people did! You can visit her at her blog, ashleygettingdressed.blogspot.com

Swapdex: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Ashley: I'm 23, I work in Human Resources at a large, well-known non-profit organization in St. Louis. I live about an hour and half north of the city with my parents and little brother in a very rural community. We have two cats and a dog, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. I've just gotten in to sewing (skirts, mostly, but I'm working on my first apron), and I recently taught myself how to knit!

SD: How long have you been swapping? How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start?

A: This is my first swap, and honestly I thought it was an original idea - I had no clue that it's a popular thing and I definitely didn't know that there's a blog devoted to swaps!

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

A: I think wrapping packages up beautifully with a handwritten note says a lot, no matter if it's for a swap or just a birthday gift. I love making beautiful presentations!

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

A: Just organizing everything. Even though I had less than 30 participants, it was still difficult keeping the names and emails straight. I'm also really worried that someone won't mail their package. I think the best thing to do is just keeping an open line of communication with the participants

SD: Thanks for chatting, Ashley! I hope this one was so fun that you'll consider hosting or participating in more swaps.

No comments: