WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interview with Georgie of Decisionally Challenged


Wow! Georgie jumped right into hosting with her Secret Santa Soiree, which is such a great name by the way! Like several of our previous interviewees, she credits much of her success to the help of online friends. What would we do without our fabulous friends?! And she proves you don't have to be "crafty" to enjoy swapping goodies with your online buddies. Check out her blog and definitely participate in her confessional booth if you have something eating away at you!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Georgie: I am almost 38 I have a wonderful husband whom I refer to as mr gp. We will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary on Feb 14 '09 I have 3 children that are my 'beans' they are 15, 13 and 11-we live in 'Sooner' Country aka Oklahoma. I worked for many years in the apartment industry where I started as a leasing agent and worked my way into management-I am now a SAHM that occasionally substitute teaches for BAPS.

SD: What type of crafts do you do?

G: I have to admit I am not real crafty BUT I can cook.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

G: The secret santa soiree is my first swap.

SD: How did you learn about swapping, and what made you decide to do your first one? Do you remember your first one?

G: I won a Pay it Forward type swap and enjoyed that so much-my SSS was already in the works but that swap just got me so excited for the SSS kick off

SD: What's your favorite type of swap or favorite swap you've ever been in or hosted?

G: Hosting the SSS while it is a lot of work it has been so fun-I of course could not have done it without the help of amybo.

SD: What's you favorite type of package to get in the mail?

G: a surprise-just opening the mailbox and seeing any package brightens my day

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap?

G: Making sure everyone follows through-follows the rules etc

SD: Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?


G: If you want to host a swap start planning early, make a button for your blog for others to snag and plan plan pan

SD: Any plans for the near future? Swaps, projects, new products?

G: You never know-I currently host a confessional booth the first Friday of every month and I know this is not a swap but it has proven to be a creative way of expression for some bloggers and non-bloggers since I allow anonymous comments for that post.

Excellent! Thanks so much for chatting, Georgie! Now everyone go confess your sins to Georgie! Anonymously, of course!

No comments: