WELCOME!
To search for swaps, check out the categories to the right.
The 'current swaps' category shows all swaps with open sign-ups.

Please note the swaps listed are NOT hosted by the SwapDex. Visit each host's site by clicking the underlined link within each post to view further information and sign up.

Hosts:
Please alert me to any new swaps to list or any misinformation regarding a listing!
swapdex{at}gmail{dot}com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Interview with Jazz of EventThis

Meet Jazz, an Event Producer and new swap hostess! She just hosted her first swap earlier this year. Check out her lovely blog, and keep tabs on her growing business on her facebook and twitter. She's included some links to posts shes written about swapping, check them out!

SwapDex: Tell us a bit about you.

Jazz: I’m Jazz Tyrril-Smart, 29 year old event professional living in Brisbane,
Queensland, Australia! I have been married to Brett for 3 years. I have a Toy Poodle named Princess Lulu and a cat named Poppy Montgumery. I have been busy growing my business event THIS event management {Weddings | Corporate | Occasions}. event THIS was founded in 2006 by event producer Jazz Tyrril-Smart to create quality events without the hefty price tag. Over the past 13 years Jazz has had extensive experience in event management and marketing for a variety of companies such as event management firms, national associations, charities, unique venues and the corporate sector. Jazz has a diploma in Event Management and is currently completing a diploma of Business Marketing.
Jazz’s Philosophy – “It’s all about the details!”

SD: What type of crafts do you do (if you craft)?

J: Through my work I design monograms, invitations and signage.

SD: How long have you been swapping?

J: Fairly new to the swapping scene – since December 2009!

SD: How did you first learn about swapping, and what made you decide to start?

J: Via my Twitter Pals, I thought it was a great way to connect with people globally and in an old fashion snail mail way. I do a lot of networking via social media – so it was nice to get something tangible from the other swappers.

SD: Do you remember your first one?

J: Brooklyn Bride Christmas Card Swap – December 2009!

SD: Do you stick to swaps hosted by people you know or are you likely to swap with anyone, anytime?

J: To-date I have only swapped with people that I have some kind of connection with via social media. However, I am looking to expand my horizons!

SD: What's your favorite swap you've ever been in?

J: Southern Weddings Magazine Christmas 2009 Ornament Swap. Was great to not only send out my ornaments, but seeing what everyone came up with!

SD: What do you do to make your packages special?

J: I liked to have all aspects of whatever the design is to match. Fonts, colours, styles it all has to work together!

SD: Do you have a good story about hosting or participating in a swap?

J: I actually blogged about the whole process of my first 2 swaps I have been involved with. I also blogged about the Joy of receiving when it comes to swaps – check out the posts!

2009 Christmas Card and Ornament Swaps

The Joy of Receiving :: 2009 Christmas Card and Ornament Swaps

SD: What do you think is the most challenging part of hosting a swap? Any advice for someone who is thinking about hosting a swap?

J: As the Spring/Autumn International Card Swap is my first hosted swap, so far
I have found it to be a great experience! I have received great feedback. Just be sure to market the swap as much as you can and be organized with all of the sign up emails!

No comments: